Top 4 Ways Smart Lighting Can Benefit Your Business
Lighting Industry

Top 4 Ways Smart Lighting Can Benefit Your Business

The standard objective of businesses is to make money and gain higher profits as returns on their investments. Now, businesses are focusing on optimizing their business operations, to cut costs and increase the sustainability of the company.

Installing a smart lighting solution is one good way to start. A smart lighting solution is highly beneficial for optimizing operation, cutting costs, and accelerating sustainability in offices and workspace.

 

Installing a smart lighting solution

 

Smart lighting helps businesses control lighting costs and conserve energy with simple voice commands and a smartphone app. The smart lights connect easily to other IoT devices helping owners to create an energy-efficient intelligent business environment. Smart lights are energy-efficient LED light bulbs that can be controlled and customized remotely through smart technology. These lights are often connected to Alexa, Google’s assistant, or smart home assistance, and it can also be controlled using smart home routines.

The smart light bulbs work in two ways. Either by connecting to the internet through Wi-Fi or by networking to a Bluetooth enabled device. The smart lights come with different features like multi-color, energy-efficient timers, and scene control. These are a few different ways smart lighting solutions can benefit your business.

 

smart lighting solutions can benefit your business

 

1. MEASURABLE ROI AND SAVING

Using smart lighting solutions provides an immediate and quantifiable ROI in the form of documented energy saving. According to (wiprolighting.com), “LEDs can increase energy-saving by 90%”. LEDs release 5% of energy as heat and utilize the remaining 95% as light; they minimize the wastage of energy and release less CO2 into the environment. Smart lights last longer compared to traditional lights.

 

2.EFFICIENT AND EASY CONTROL

Smart lighting controls are connected to unique sensors that control and enable the lights to switch on and off based on the data. The data consists of information, like room occupancy, traffic patterns, etc, which are sourced from the sensors and stored in the cloud application. The cloud-based applications communicate directly to the sensors and adjust the lights based on the natural light sources. The app allows the facility managers to control and monitor every aspect of the building’s lighting system from the laptops or mobile from anywhere. Additionally, the energy usage software dashboard is used to report and display the lighting patterns and help users identify if there are inefficiencies and improve employee productivity and business operations.

 

3.ENCOURAGES SUSTAINABILITY

Smart lighting solutions are customizable. They have the ability for both dynamic and remote lighting management. They play an essential role in helping organizations achieve sustainability goals.

 

4.ASSISTS OTHER SMART APPLICATIONS

Intelligent lights start creating a data-driven enterprise that runs efficiently by cutting costs. Since the smart lights are fully connected overhead throughout the building, they are beneficial for IoT-based building management applications. The smart applications can monitor environmental, non-lighting energy controls, security alerts, that are integrated into Smart lighting systems. These sensor-driven solutions are designed to lower the overhead cost. The data-driven insights allow businesses to identify new opportunities for operational efficienc ies quickly.

Many Top LED manufacturers say the installation of smart lighting solutions is an important measure taken by businesses towards a sustainable future. The companies will save more energy and get a higher ROI.